The West Asheville Dog Park is a private, fenced in play yard behind our shop!
It is open for free use by customers anytime during our normal business hours. You can use the yard to make new friends or allow your pup to get some off-leash time in a safe and secure environment. There is even a toy box in the yard where you can try out some of the fantastic toys for sale in the store!
We hold weekly puppy playdates for various age groups, breeds and activity levels:
All Dogs Playtimes:
Tuesdays and Thursdays at 6:00 PM
Saturdays at 2:00 PM
Puppy Playgroup at Noon on Saturdays
Small Breed Playgroup at Noon on Sundays
Rough Players Playgroup at 2:00 p.m. on Sundays
You can also check out our event calendar to see some of the great events that take place in the park each month.
If you are a Facebook user, please join this group to meet other pet parents in the area and plan doggie playdates in our dog park!
Dog Park Rules
- The dog park is for customers only for use during store hours.
- Owners are legally responsible for their dogs and any injuries caused by them.
- Puppies and dogs must be properly licensed, inoculated and healthy.
- Animals should wear a collar and ID tags at all times.
- Owners must clean up after their dogs.
- Dogs showing aggression towards people or other animals must be removed from the park.
- Animals who exhibit a history of aggressive behavior will not be allowed to use the facilities.
- Puppies using the park must be at least six months old.
- Owners may not leave their dogs unattended.
- If young children are brought to the park, they must be under constant supervision.
- Dogs in heat or displaying symptoms of illness are not allowed inside the park.
- Owners must carry a leash at all times. Dogs must be leashed before entering and prior to leaving the park.
- No more than three dogs per person allowed on any single visit.